Hazards of the Job

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

4 comments
I was sitting at the intersection of Mecca Street and Sa'd Bin Abi Waqqas Street (I know, I know...street names mean nothing here), watching all of the traffic light salesman attempt to peddle unripe apricots, over-ripe strawberries, and other kitschy junk, when I noticed that one of the guys was blind.

That’s right…blind! A blind man with a cane and a handful of feather dusters was tap, tap, tapping his way up through the lanes of cars attempting to sell his wares.

A blind guy working in traffic; something tells me that’s not the safest job.

4 Comments:

Blogger Q8Sultana said...

Hello,

This is off the topic of the blind salesman a bit.
I was offered a job in Jordan starting in the fall. I grew up in Kuwait, but never been to any non-Gulf Arab countries.
Would you recommend for a European girl to go live in Amman alone?
Would it be safe or weird?

thanks for your info
Janet

5/24/2006 2:33 AM  
Blogger PALFORCE said...

Sultana,

My folks live in Jordan, and I was born in Kuwait. Jordan is very European friendly, and safe.
It has even more of the European theme about it more than Kuwait.Well, let me rephrase that Kuwait is like Manhattan or London and Jordan is more like the country side.It also depends where you gonna stay? that's very important. Driving in Jordan can be tricky,LOL. It like a yellow cab race on broadway. Not sure what to add, well Dave can alot more help cause he lives there. Sorry to butt in .

Peace

5/24/2006 7:42 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Janet, you should be fine. Jordan is a wonderful place to live and extremely safe. Just find a nice place to stay and get a Jordanian roommate.

5/24/2006 8:10 AM  
Blogger Moey said...

Kuwait is more american/english/europian friendly, I lived there most of my life, i'm half english.

5/29/2006 12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home