Jordan Telecom’s Service Deficiency

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

8 comments
Thanks to Ahmad Humeid’s announcement, I became aware that Wanadoo was increasing their fastest available DSL service from 1Mbps to 2Mbps. I was even more delighted to find out that the cost of the increased service would not increase, but would remain consistent with the old 1Mbps service.

Back in the States, it was pretty common for an internet service provider (ISP) to suddenly increase speeds to match current demand. When an upgrade occurred, my ISP would send me a notification letter and my speeds would instantly be upgraded with no hassle on my part. Naturally, I would expect that I would be automatically upgraded in a similar manner—especially since I have pre-paid for the year—but my technical experiences in Jordan thus far have made me less optimistic concerning such things.

Deciding to take matters into my own hands, I called the local Wanadoo office this morning. After an initial inquiry, I was transferred from the Customer Service department to the Sales Department and then promptly back to the Customer Service department, who in turn informed me that I would need to contact Jordan Telecom to have them increase my line speed.

I called the Customer Service department at Jordan Telecom and explained my situation and requested that my line be upgraded. Their response? Call back tomorrow, at which time they will be handling such requests.

Eh? They’ll be handling specific requests tomorrow that they can’t be bothered with today? In other words, “Go away and come back tomorrow.” Who says these things to a customer? What kind of customer service is that? Crappy, that’s what kind.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave,yes the upgrade is FREE :D , that's what the customer care lady told me (it's a good idea to double check)

Anyways, how dare you criticize our way of doing buisness?! If you had a wasta "connection;your cousin working at JTC or something" you would have got a leased line for half the price :p, now do you have such things in the US and A? Do you?

Anyways, I think your ISP is supposed to do that! My suggestion? Pay Wanadoo a visit, they tell you go to JTC, you go to JTC, they tell you Wanadoo will automatically do it for you, 3 weeks passes, nothing happens, you go to Wanadoo....and so on!

Look, just take your Wanadoo contract, ID and go to JTC, nothing is done over the phone! My good guess would be that the JTC guys are not aware of the Free upgrade so they'll be asking for a new contract from Wanadoo! Solution? I don't know, improvise, like start crying, or take some really good looking girl with you.
I'm pretty sure that your ISP are the one who is supposed to do the upgrade?
Anyways, what are so excited about? There is a 12GB limit, what's the point of the upgrade!

12/05/2006 2:52 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

What if I combine the two and just start crying like a girl?

What's the point of the upgrade? It's 2GB more than the 10GB limit of the 1Mbps service. And with double the speed, I should be able to reach my limit in half the time!

12/05/2006 2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what's cry wrong with crying like a girl to get something done? :)I never cry here, only scream with rage, just as effective as having a cousin with wasta.

Dave, another American in Jordan started a blog: me!

12/05/2006 4:09 PM  
Blogger Madi said...

It's pretty common for an internet service provider in Jordan to suddenly DECREASE the download limit from unlimited to 3GB for 512 or 7GB but you have to pay more for that.


I love my country but honestly I'm applying for immigration just for the sake of better internet life :D

12/05/2006 4:39 PM  
Blogger Reem said...

Well, I have a bad experience with JT as well, when I installed My ADSL it tool them a week to understand that they need to activate it!

12/05/2006 9:04 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Like a good little foreigner, I waited and called Jordan Telecom back today. The guy that I spoke with took down my information and said that Wanadoo would call me on Sunday.

I'm not quite sure why Wanadoo is going to call me, when they're the ones who told me to call Jordan Telecom in the first place. I'm also not sure what is going to happen on Sunday: whether I'm going to get my upgrade or not.

12/06/2006 12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm honestly have no clue whats the buzz about the 2mbit lines, as you said its pointless when i have a 1meg connection that lasts for all of 7 days of the month to end up with sub par dialup for the rest of the month.
and as for JTC you actually don't have to deal with them, its the responsibility of Wanadoo to handle those issues (usually talking to the manager solves this) I was always told to do those things but never complied

12/06/2006 12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Internet here in Jordan is not being understood correctly, and customer service does not exist.
Jordan Telecom is the only land lines providers and they think that we are here to serve them not vise versa!

Also, about the 2 MB line, I think it's useless because wanadoo limits you with 8 or 10 GBs/month for total bandwidth! What kind of internet is that!

Do you know that in New Zealand the normal internet connection goes beyond 100MB/s line unlimited bandwidth?!

We are still way behind my friend!

12/06/2006 7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home