Direct Route to the Airport? Not Quite.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

5 comments
A taxi driver told me this week that the new Abdoun bridge connects to a road that runs straight through South Amman, directly to Airport Road. This is absolute bunk, as I discovered tonight.

I’m sure that eventually the road will connect as intended, but for the time being, it dumps you into a chaotic, detoured mess in the middle of South Amman.

For now, I recommend sticking with usual route of driving south from 7th Circle unless you are very familiar with the roads of South Amman.

Caveat viator (let the traveler beware).

5 Comments:

Blogger Moey said...

hahaha,another trick. there's a huge rock show this friday, why don't you come and take pro shots ? www.jordanmetal.com

12/20/2006 11:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol, I recommend you don't listen to Jordanian taxi drivers :D

12/21/2006 2:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the Taxi driver said is right, but he didnt tell you that it is not finished yet.., So far the information I have is it is going to be completed next month, Enjoy !>

12/21/2006 1:42 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Moey, thanks for the offer. My in-laws are in town visiting from the States, so I'll be a bit tied up for the next week and I'm afraid I must decline.

I like what you guys are doing. Hope you're having fun doing it.

12/22/2006 8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dave, it's my first time here, but I'll take comfort in saying whatever i want to say "just kidding"

I remember fight club, when Edward Norton lost his luggage and the guy working at the airport told him it must be something "ticking", and most of the times that'd be a DI*DO...it was funny

12/24/2006 12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home