Book Tag

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

7 comments
Ok, this time I realized that I have been tagged without anyone having to tell me about it. I give myself two pats on the back.

Here's how it works:
  1. Grab the book closest to you.
  2. Open to page 123, scroll down to the 5th sentence.
  3. Post the text of next 3 sentences on your blog.
  4. List the name of the book and the author.
  5. Tag 3 people.

So here you go...

Book Title: Understanding the Koran
Author: Mateen Elass
Solomon then orders the throne to be disguised so as to discover whether the queen will recognize it or not when she arrives. This apparently serves as a test to discern whether she is rightly guided by Allah or not. As the queen is ushered in, she is asked, "Is your throne like this?"
So in turn, I'm tagging Moey (simply because I don't think he has a book nearby), Firas and Reem.

7 Comments:

Blogger Madi said...

lovely!
I will go hunting for it, sounds like must read to me.

12/06/2006 2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Done!

So you called JTC? You just don't listen?Do you? Crying like a little girl at the JTC showroom? Very disturbing, unless you get a red dress and a pony tail.

DAve do you recommend "Understand the Koran?", I'm a Christian,but I can read and understand the Quran very well (language wise).
Interesting....Jad it's only US10 on amazon.

12/06/2006 9:36 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Firas,

I do recommend it. I'm not sure how it would benefit a native Arabic speaker who has grown up in a Muslim culture, but for the rest of us, it is very insightful when it comes to knowing more about the Koran, where it came from, what it teaches, how Muslims view it, and how it differs from the Bible.

12/07/2006 8:02 AM  
Blogger Madi said...

It's very interesting to know how Western Christians reads thing, this is why I'm booking it.

12/07/2006 10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see, I think I do agree with Jad.
Anyways, I grow up in a Christian culture, but of course heavily "exposed" to Islamic culture.
Do you speak Arabic Dave? Does the language center at UofJ have night classes?

12/07/2006 7:25 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

I speak some Arabic. It's a difficult language for English speakers to master, second only to Mandarin. Some estimates claim that it takes 10 years for an English speaker to become extremely proficient in Arabic, and I've only been working at it for just over 1 year.

I'm not sure about the language center at UofJ, but since I would rather spend my nights elsewhere, I employ private lessons during the day.

12/07/2006 7:37 PM  
Blogger Moey said...

nice, I'll answer the book tag

you're so mean, J/K

12/16/2006 5:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home