More Than You Want to Know About the American

Monday, May 07, 2007

9 comments
A space filler/time waster that I nipped from Roba's blog. Unlike Roba, I answered all the questions.

1. How old will you be in five years?
36. In other words, crawling up the old fart ladder.

2. Who did you spend at least two hours with today?
It's only 8:20 AM! I haven't spent two hours with anyone yet.

3. How tall are you?
5'11" or 180 cm.

4. What do you look forward to most in the next six weeks?
A two-week trip to the States.

5. What's the last movie you saw?
Spider-man 3.

6. Who was the last person you called?
My friend, Tareq.

7. Who was the last person to call you?
My wife.

8. What was the last text message you received?
I don't save my text messages and I can't remember.

9. Who was the last person to leave you a voicemail?
I don't have voicemail. I hate being that "in touch".

10. Do you prefer to call or text?
Call. Texting takes too much time.

11. What were you doing at _AM last night?
The question is unclear. If anything happens in the AM, it's morning time, not night time. But perhaps sleeping?

12. Are your parents married/separated/divorced?
Married.

13. When is the last time you saw your mom?
A year ago in England.

14. What color are your eyes?
Blue. Green. It depends on the color of shirt I'm wearing.

15. What time did you wake up today?
7:00.

16. What are you wearing right now?
Jeans. Blue and green striped shirt. Why am I even answering this question?

17. What is your favorite Christmas song?
I'm not sure. I like quite a few.

18. Where is your favorite place to be?
Varies depending on my mood.

19. Where is your least favorite place to be?
Prison, I guess? I don't know; I've never been there.

20. Where would you go if you could go anywhere?
Someplace in the World where I've never been before.

21. Where do you think you'll be in 10 years?
I don't presume to plan that far ahead.

22. Do you tan or burn?
Tan.

23. What did you fear was going to get you at night as a child?
Witches hiding under the bed. With long arms. I used to sleep in the exact center of my bed. When I had to use the bathroom, I would run and jump as far away from the bed as possible. The witches had a limited reach, of course.

24. What was the last thing that really made you laugh?
You don't want to know.

25. How many TVs do you have in your house?
My house here or in the States? One and two, respectively.

26. How big is your bed?
King size.

27. Do you have a laptop or desktop computer?
Laptop.

28. Do you sleep with or without clothes on?
What kind of question is that, ya pervert?

29. What color are your sheets?
Beige.

30. How many pillows do you sleep with?
One.

31. What is your favorite season?
Spring. (I don't have allergies; otherwise I might like Summer better.)

32. What do you like about Fall?
Crisp coolness in the air. Changing leaves.

33. What do you like about Winter?
Christmas. The excuse to wear Columbia fleeces nearly all the time. (Is fleeces the plural of fleece?)

34. What do you like about the Summer?
Answers vary depending on whether I'm sitting on an Aruba beach or not.

35. What do you like about Spring?
Cool weather, greenery, flowers, clear skies.

36. How many states/provinces have you lived in?
Four.

37. What cities/towns have you lived in?
Anaheim, Enumclaw, Anaheim, Rocky Mount, Richmond and Amman (in chronological order).

38. Do you prefer shoes, socks, or bare feet?
Depends on the weather.

39. Are you a social person?
I like to think so.

40. What was the last thing you ate?
Cheerios, but only because that was the only cereal I had in the house.

41. What is your favorite restaurant?
Any decent Mexican restaurant.

42. What is your favorite ice cream?
I am not a discriminator of ice cream. I like all kinds except coffee flavor.

43. What is your favorite dessert?
Apple pie. Cheesecake. Ice cream. The list goes on...

44. What is your favorite kind of soup?
Chicken.

45. What kind of jelly do you like on your PB & J sandwich?
Strawberry.

46. Do you like Chinese food?
Yes.

47. Do you like coffee?
No.

48. How many glasses of water, a day, do you drink on average?
Maybe one or two, but I drink a lot of fruit juice.

49. What do you drink in the morning?
Juice.

50. Do you sleep on a certain side of the bed?
Right side.

51. Do you know how to play poker?
To a degree.

52. Do you like to cuddle?
What the heck?

53. Have you ever been to Canada?
Yes.

54. Do you have an addictive personality?
Why don't you ask someone who knows me?

55. Do you eat out or at home more often?
At home.

56. Do you know anyone with the same birthday as you?
George Strait (1952, country singer), Reggie Jackson (1946, baseballer), Pope John Paul II (1920, 264th pope of the Roman Catholic Church), Perry Como (1912, singer), Bertrand Russell (1872, philospher). I had to look those up.

57. Do you want kids?
I already have two. That's enough.

58. Do you speak any other languages?
Besides English? A modicum of Arabic, some Spanish, some Turkish.

59. Have you ever gotten stitches?
Yes.

60. Have you ever ridden in an ambulance?
No.

61. Do you prefer an ocean or a pool?
Depends on the ocean...or pool, for that matter.

62. Do you prefer a window seat or an aisle seat?
Window.

63. Do you know how to drive stick?
Yes, both on the right and left side of a car.

64. What is your favorite thing to spend money on?
Technology.

65. Do you wear any jewelery?
A wedding band.

66. What is your favorite TV show?
Heroes in the drama category, and a tie between The Office and 30 Rock in the comedy category.

67. Can you roll your tongue?
Yes.

68. Who is the funniest person you know?
Chris White. You don't know him.

69. Do you sleep with stuffed animals?
See the age question (#1) and take a wild guess.

70. What is the main ring tone on your phone?
It's called "Melody", but it's the only one that sounds like an actual phone ring.

71. Do you still have clothes from when you were little?
No.

72. What red object is closest to you right now?
A red postcard with David Hasselhoff on it. (Don't ask; I plan to blog about it soon.)

73. Do you turn off the water while you brush your teeth?
Yup.

74. Do you sleep with your closet door open or closed?
Closed.

75. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of bees?
Bear. I think I could woo it into submission. ;)

76. Do you flirt a lot?
No, but I try to be interactive, if that makes any sense.

77. What do you dip a chicken nugget in?
Ketchup. Barbecue sauce. All of the above.

78. What is your favorite food?
Mexican.

79. Can you change the oil on a car?
Yes, but it's a huge hassle, so I'd rather take it to a garage.

80. Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket?
Yes.

81. Have you ever run out of gas?
Yes, but only because the crappy car rental places in Jordan give you a car with zero gas in the tank.

82. What is your usual bedtime?
Between 10 PM and 12 AM, roughly.

83. What was the last book you read?
The Fellowship of the Ring, by Tolkien.

84. Do you read the newspaper?
Yes, The Jordan Times.

85. Do you have any magazine subscriptions?
Yes, but mostly graphic design publications.

86. Do you watch soap operas?
Heck no.

87. Do you dance in the car?
Is that possible? I would think that the most one could do is kind of jiggle around. But no, I don't.

88. Who is in the picture frame closest to you?
My sister and brother-in-law.

89. What was the last note you scribbled on a piece of paper?
Notes for a trip to Tunisia and Algeria.

90. What is your favorite candle scent?
Depends on the season, I guess.

91. What is your favorite board game?
Trivial Pursuit. Or Monopoly. Or Risk.

92. When was the last time you attended church?
Sunday.

93. Who was your favorite teacher in high school?
Dr. Ankers.

94. What is the longest you have ever camped out in a tent?
A week.

95. Who was the last person to do something extra special for you?
My daughter made dinner and baked cookies for me yesterday.

9 Comments:

Blogger Roba said...

Haha, I guess you're braver than I am :P
But anyway, the reason I skipped some of these questions is questions like "Do you like to cuddle?" and "What are you wearing?"

5/07/2007 12:57 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Roba,

Understandable. As you can see, I answered some of the lame questions in a completely avoidable fashion.

5/07/2007 1:43 PM  
Blogger Madi said...

I can only agree with the title

5/07/2007 2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure you're not a diplomat?

5/08/2007 2:58 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Tololy,

Why? Are these the answers a diplomat would give?

5/08/2007 3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They seemed so to me. Also your comment "I answered some of the lame questions in a completely avoidable fashion" was an indication of a possible streak of diplomacy...

5/08/2007 3:56 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Tololy,

Not a diplomat, I assure you.

5/08/2007 4:08 PM  
Blogger Rambling Hal said...

I'm thinking you probably shouldn't have admitted to that witches thing. Some people could use that kind of information against you. Some people with a lot of time on their hands and a bona fide cruel streak. Yup, I'm brimming with ideas over here.

Oh, and that line about how you don't flirt but you're 'interactive?' You rule. I am so using that line.

5/09/2007 12:28 AM  
Blogger kinzi said...

Dave, thanks for the glimpse into your life! Ginchy guy indeed.

Hey, I am pre-tagging you! I know you are traveling soon, so here it is to ponder until you have time: "Real Dads...?"

5/09/2007 11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home