Adios, Jordan Planet

Friday, December 29, 2006

4 comments
The blog aggregator that was instrumental in jump-starting blogging in Jordan, Jordan Planet, has officially announced a hiatus.

According to the blog announcement, the service is being "put to bed" due to a decrease in quality posts as a direct result of the increase of members.

Management claims that the site may be re-launched in 3-6 months with a system for policing the quality of posts (a voting system, ala Digg, perhaps?).

What I want to know is this: will my first Jordan Planet meet-up be my last?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No Dave, I think there will be more. Have you seen the new jordanblogs at Khaled's Palforce?

Hey, I saw a an American family at a Dead Sea hotel this week, they had a son playing a PSP. I asked his mom if he was the famous Diggit boy. Although it wasn't your family,they said it could've easily been their son. :)

1/02/2007 2:38 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Kinzi, yeah, I've seen it, although I don't seem to be on it.

We were at the Dead Sea this past week, but apparently it wasn't us since I don't recall meeting you personally. Also, we stick within the Nintendo family, which means my son would have been playing a Game Boy Advance SP or a DS Lite. No PSP for us.

1/03/2007 8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you don't mind asking Khaled,do! JPers seem to added daily. It's hard to find your blog on the right links of JP.

I'll have to learn the benes of the Nintendo family from our son. I really don't know a thing about either of them.

I did eavesdrop for a minute to see if the wife called her husband "Dave", and would've have introduced myself had it been your family. My husband said: "You seem to find these JP bloggers everywhere".

1/03/2007 4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blogger beta is killing me!
welcome -again- to qwaider planet!

1/06/2007 4:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home