Got Blood?

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

7 comments
A friend of mine has a liver disease. Recently, his liver failed and he required an immediate blood transfusion. For some reason, the hospital required that his family go down to the blood bank to retrieve the necessary blood for the operation. Once they arrived, the blood bank informed them that they couldn’t take blood until they give it. Now what kind of system is that?

Seriously folks, I’m not just talking about donating blood once a quarter as an act of goodwill. In this situation, my friend’s family could not remove 36 pints* of blood from the blood bank until they donated 36 pints of blood in return. So at 3:00 in the morning, my friends had to make phone calls to all their family members to try to get them to donate enough blood so that they could save a life.

After they finally managed to donated the proper amount of blood, the blood bank handed them the pints in a Safeway bag and said, “See ya later.” I’m not sure the Jordanian blood bank is firing on all cylinders, if you know what I mean.

*I’m not sure how many pints of blood they needed. I’m just throwing figures out.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA... well I guess they must have had a problem with a lack of blood donations, it sounds like a pretty good system to me, I don't know about the safeway bags though...

9/13/2006 3:01 AM  
Blogger Madi said...

it's not about the willingness to donate blood or not it's about the attitude of nurses and the cleanness of the place when going to donate, I did it once and not going to do it again unless someone really needs it.

9/15/2006 9:37 AM  
Blogger Moey said...

man, where have u been? long time..

9/16/2006 12:50 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Moey, I've been in Europe.

9/16/2006 1:30 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Jad, I don't blame you. The blood clinic here in Jordan is extremely scary. I'm afraid that I will die while attempting to do my civic duty by giving blood.

9/16/2006 3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg that totally messed up man

9/16/2006 10:44 PM  
Blogger Moey said...

yea it is Kloude.

9/18/2006 5:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home