Type Indicator: Am I Weird or What?

Monday, March 19, 2007

4 comments
Kinzi, inspired by Hala, has literally tagged everyone in an effort to determine their Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI).

Myers-Briggs Type Indicator is a personality test designed to assist a person in identifying some significant personal preferences.

The type indicator linked to on both Hala's and Kinzi's blogs is just a small mock-up of the actual test, so results may be varied. I have taken the actual test several times throughout my career and here are my results:

I am a EINTJP. Yup, you read that right. Rather than the traditional 4-character score, I rated exactly 50/50 in two categories (which is possible on the actual test). So I am an Extrovert and Introvert (depends on my mood/situation; I prefer one or the other at times), Intuitive, Thinking and both Judging and Perceiving (I like a combination of planning and spontaneity).

4 Comments:

Blogger kinzi said...

Dave, so NOT weird! Balanced! Mature! Being able to operate efficiently in several realms, yea, you are gifted by God.

Confession: I am also that way, which is probably why I SO affirm it! I was ENFP ALL the way 20 years ago, now I'm equally E/I and J/P, although the NF is off the charts.

YOU are realistic to know that only 10% of those tagged will actually do it, and only 1% will blog it; I will of course be disappointed :D. But it was a good idea, mish?

3/19/2007 10:03 AM  
Blogger Rambling Hal said...

I'd go with 'unique' rather than 'weird,' no?? :)

3/19/2007 4:13 PM  
Blogger Mohanned said...

This is my first comment here, so hi..

I have studied this indicator in a change managment, It is useful in change management becasue it provides some data about your employees and how they react..Anyway I just wanted to give you some stats about how people are divided between the categories:
INTROVERTS (45-50%)
EXTROVERTS (50-55%)

SENSING (65-70%)
INTUITIVE (30-35%)

THINKERS (45-55%)
FEELERS (45-55% Women

JUDGING (55-60%)
PERCEIVING (40-45%)

And you know what these stats explain the lots of conflicts, both on the individual side and on the interanational one..

3/19/2007 7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am also E I N T J P. Glad I'm not the only one out there.

DiffusionK@gmail.com

1/24/2008 4:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home