Just Suck the Life Out Of Me

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

2 comments
Traffic is my kryptonite. That said, driving through the Amman madhouse can be detrimental to my health.

Due to the 4th Circle Crater and the fact that the stinkin' king of Spain is visiting for a few days, traffic has been much more intense along certain routes. My kid's school is a mere 2.95 km (less than 2 miles) from my house, as the crow flies. The driving distance is a bit longer, but is still just under 5 km (less than 3 miles). On a perfect day (read Fridays), it takes just 5 minutes to drive from my house to their school. Even on congested days (read every other day), it usually takes less than 15 minutes to traverse the distance.

Today, however, thanks to the above mentioned problems, it took me 2 hours to pick up my kids from school! I only made one quick stop for gas. The rest of the time was spent sitting in stop-and-go traffic. I have one thing to say to Amman's city planner: "Start making plans for a subway, ya retard!"

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

I'm afraid that I can't cut Jordan a break just because it is "developing". If anything, Jordan should have an advantage in that they should be able to adopt a working model from dozens of various countries (see Ahmad Humeid's post on public transportation for a list of cities who successfully deal with traffic).

I guess I should give the city planner the benefit of the doubt, but it seems more like he is trying to control a raging fire rather than trying to prevent it in the first place.

4/29/2006 2:30 PM  
Blogger Dozz said...

is there such a thing as amman sity planners???!!!
i dont think so.

5/03/2006 1:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home