Moving On Over

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

4 comments
Alright folks, I'm finally taking the time to switch this blog over to Wordpress and thus, another domain. You can now find me at www.american-in-jordan.com (same address without the "blogspot" suffix).

I started this blog on a whim and wasn't intending to be very serious with it. Thus Blogger seemed like the easy and free way to get things rolling. Come to think of it, I'm still not serious with it, but I figured it was time to migrate over to a more robust platform that allows greater customization.

As you will see, I haven't had time to put together anything fancy, theme-wise, so my new domain looks like thousands of other generic Wordpress blogs out there. Rest assured, however, that a new theme is in the works and should be up and running shortly. Until then, pardon my dust.

I've migrated all of the posts off of this blog, as well as nearly all of the comments. If you happened to comment in the past two days on this blog, I'm afraid that it won't show up on the other (I migrated everything over 2 days ago). If it really means a lot to you to have your most recent comment on my new blog, just copy and paste it there and the world will be right once more.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Thus Blogger seemed like the easy and free way to get things rolling. "

If I can ask, how much do you pay in return for your wordpress blog? From your post, I understand that wordpress provides a better service. But does this come with a price?

Thanks!

9/13/2008 6:44 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Amanfrommoab, Wordpress is free but you have to pay for web hosting and a domain name. The cost is pretty moderate; domain names cost around $12 per year and hosting can be as little as $6 to $8 per month. If you don't mind displaying some ads on your blog (Google Adsense or Text Link Ads), you can generally recoup the cost.

The up side is a dedicated domain name (no more 'blogspot') and the ability to access a greater range of customization when it comes to the design theme of your blog and plug-ins that will make your blog more versatile and easy to use.

11/10/2008 3:18 PM  
Blogger last of jordanian roses said...

hey.....
so i dont get it....
well so , congrats for your website...
so you will not e posting here any more?

5/15/2009 4:35 PM  
Blogger Navneet Panchariya said...

I found this web site to know more about Jordan & America. I hope it will help you.

http://www.indiavision.com/countries/

8/29/2009 4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home